Honeymoon Island Park
Honeymoon Island State Park and neighboring Caladesi Island were originally one barrier island. In 1921, a major hurricane split them.
- A ferry may be taken to Caledesi Island from Honeymoon Island (fee is about $15 for adults)
Honeymoon Island State Park is accessible by road, by driving west on Dunedin’s Causeway Boulevard. (This road is called Curlew Road when runs east of U.S. 19.)
The pioneers called it Hog Island.
But it became Honeymoon Isle in 1939, when a New York developer built 50 little palm-thatched honeymoon bungalows.
After World War II, the huts fell into disuse and were torn down.
The park is home to a number of threatened and
endangered species of animals and plants.
Shelling is particularly good here, as the Gulf currents deposit
an incredible variety of seashells on the shore.
A park entrance fee is assessed. For more information on fees, parking, facilities and dogs visiting the park, see: