Fort DeSoto Park
For an exotic escape, head to Fort De Soto Park.
It is located in St. Petersburg – and worth the slightly long-ish drive down!
The entire park is food for the soul!
An Award-Winning Beach
In 2005, “Dr. Beach,” named Fort De Soto the nation’s #1 Beach, and in 2009 Fort De Soto was named America’s Top Beach by Trip Advisor.
The park is located on on Mullet Key, which juts into the ocean south of St. Petersburg.
Fort DeSoto is 1,136-acres of paradise on 5 interconnected islands (keys).Fort DeSoto Park is
- one of the nation’s top birding locations
- a haven for those who love camping, swimming, fishing and picnicking
- hosts a couple of supervised beaches that have snack bars and swings for children
- offers long strips of beach where you can count those within sight on one hand
- retains the remnants of an actual fort which you can tour for free!
Fort DeSoto Park and its beaches are still one of the area’s best kept secrets.
Daily Parking Fee: $5.00.